Friday, February 1, 2008

The Work Begins...




So I'm working at Epcot in 'Future World'. I am at 'Club Cool' (the place where you get to try all the different coca cola products from around the world) and 'Pin Central'. I was a bit disappointed at first at not being put somewhere more *Disney* but I've come to realise I've got it quite good. There are a lot worse places to be... at least I get to rotate a few things. Plus when I voiced my concern I was told it was a possibility for me to be added to 'Art of Disney' aswell which is very cool.


After going to Animal Kingdom for the first time yesterday I've come to realise every park here has it's own unique atmosphere. Epcot feels quite 'triumphant' and because it has that cultural element I'm finding guests love talking to me and finding out all about where I've come from.


I went to Animal Kingdom with a UK friend (Rahila) and a new friend Chris who said he would be happy to take Rahila around Epcot/Animal Kingdom. I tagged along and we had the best day! I really enjoyed Test Track at Epcot and then Mount Everest at Animal Kingdom won't be forgotten in a hurry. I didn't know what to expect so I was slightly scared. Get off the ride and you can imagine the photograph... sat next to me is a 7 year old with his hands in the air. Then there's me with my mouth wide open looking like I'm crying. Haha.


The UCF experience has been very good so far. It looks like the food could get quite repetitive (pizza or hamburger?) but at least it's included which is good. Some of my housemates decided to bring loads of people back to the appartment at 3am last night though so I didn't get too much sleep. In my Event class I was almost falling asleep. Today though we got into groups to start planning our 'Event Project'. We will work on that on the upcoming weeks and present it to the class in the final weeks. Wine class was hilarious as always. I'm so glad I took that. The beer and wine lab they have there is the best thing you'll ever see at a university I swear!


I finished off the day by going to the premium outlet mall near Commons. It was wicked! I got some proper bargains from Tommy Hillfiger, Gap and Skechers (even though mum warned me from buying stuff... I have enough apparently haha). I also tried Taco Bell which I really enjoyed. Didn't feel like it was clogging up my insides anyway like it does when you eat McDonalds haha. And most importantly... we found a Starbucks! Me and Rahila were quite pleased about that... and it's quite close so I'm going to be hanging out there a lot I think haha.


I don't want to write too much more because this is already getting too long but I just watched new Lost... woo hoo. I attach some photos from a few park visits I did already.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Dude, you have wine classes!?!

That's awesome - there's a degree I definately should have done!!

Don't go drinking too much though... a drunk Mickey Mouse doesn't set a very good example!